Welcome to the first-ever Noche d’Or, a
cash grab spirited friendly that will see Lionel Messi plus ten other Inter Miami players take on New York City FC.
A global audience is expected to tune in and watch two teams that didn’t quite make the 2023 MLS CUP Playoffs duke it out at we-don’t-need-no-stinking-vowels DRV PNK Stadium in Ft. Lauderdale, FL: Here is your NYCFC vs Inter Messi Game Day Hub.
Game Day Essentials d’Or
- Inter Miami vs NYCFC in the Noche d’Or
- Date and Time: Friday, November 10, 8 pm ET
- DRV PNK Stadium
- Forecast: A warm, breezy, semi-tropical November evening, 75˚F/24˚C
- Watch: MLS Season Pass on Apple TV
NYCFC vs Inter Messi Preview d’Or
What can you say about a friendly that was announced just one week ago?
Between the #22 and #27 teams in MLS?
That exists solely because Miami’s two previously scheduled friendlies in China were canceled just the day before the team was set to travel?
And that seems to be more about recouping some of the lost revenue from those matches than it is about competing for anything meaningful?
Still, it’s not going to be a low-tempo kickaround. Both teams will want to prove they’re the better side.
After all, these two last met on September 30, when a Messi-less Miami drew NYCFC 1-1 in Ft. Lauderdale. That result both kept NYCFC out of the MLS Cup Playoffs for the first time since 2015 and torpedoed Miami’s postseason hopes.
NYCFC vs Miami H2H d’Or
The head-to-head heavily favors NYCFC, who have seven wins out of nine played.
But Miami have proven to be a tougher opponent recently: They beat NYCFC for the first time in club history last season, and the 90+5′ goal they scored in September stole a 1-1 draw.
- Player Availability: We have no idea who is available, and who isn’t. The friendly doesn’t fall under the prevue of MLS, Leagues Cup, US Open Cup, or any other official organization, and neither team are compelled to hold press conferences or release information. We’ll be waiting for the game day lineup like everybody else.
- Who will be eligible to play? NYCFC released their 2024 roster moves a few days before this game was announced, and the club said they declined the options for First Team players Braian Cufré, Alfredo Morales, Matías Pellegrini, and Stephen Turnbull.
- Will Gabriel Segal suit up? The striker returned to NYCFC after his loan to Hapoel Tel Aviv ended early, presumably because of the state of conflict in Israel and Gaza right now.
- Will MD Myers see minutes? The NYCFC II striker won the MLS NEXT Pro Golden Boot, but has yet to make an appearance for the first team.
Inter Messi d’Or
- Player Availability: See NYCFC, above.
- Lionel Messi will play. They promise.
- Joséf Martínez will not: The club announced they released the former Golden Boot-winner shortly after the end of the regular season.
- Want to learn more about what Miami might do in the Noche d’Or? Read Oppo Research d’Or: 5 Things about Inter Messi.